Falling into Fall







It appears that fall has come to stay.  Naturally, I have about a million green tomatoes.  My plants took forever to get going.  There will be a bunch of fried green tomatoes in our future.



  I started putting my summer clothes away this morning and then the sun came out.  Now it's cloudy again.  I'm so confused.


 On the happy side, the little rose I thought I killed off last fall survived and is still blooming.


The last three weeks have just flown by as I took two trips to Southern Oregon.  I went with Barb the first time and saw a play at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, visited my mom and messed with getting her house ready to hit the market.  The second time Sweet Husband and I went to check the progress on the house, which is going ever so slowly.  It seems that it's a challenge to keep everyone who's working on the house on task from 300 miles away.  We also got to celebrate Mom's 90th birthday.  She's less than thrilled about the big 90, but seems otherwise happy.    

The other thing that's keeping me busy is preparing for our first grandchild, due in February.  We're very excited to welcome a sweet girl to the family and I think it's not hard to imagine that I've gone a bit nuts.  I saw the quilt below on Equilter.com and fell in love with the little sloth.  And then the fox. Not to mention the salmon and the bunny . . .  I think you get the picture.  












I've just started quilting, so I have some work to do.  


I've also made some flannel receiving blankets and Barb is working on some, too.  These things are 45 X 45" so they are handy for all kinds of things.  There's so much cute flannel out there, it's hard to know when to stop.  Now would probably be a good time.


Next week will be dedicated to quilting and decorating for Halloween.  The housework will undoubtedly be mostly postponed.  When one has a deadline, one will step up.  

Today, Barb and I are going to the Northwest Quilt Expo in Portland.  Our friend, Judy Liebo, is a featured quilter and we're so tickled.  I will take a bow as the one who got her into quilting many years ago and she's done some really fabulous work.

Assuming that it doesn't pour on Sunday (which assumes a lot, actually), Barb and I are going to visit the Flock and Fiber Show.  It's always a fun outing as there is not only fiber, but all kinds of yarn, people spinning, all the notions you need for knitting, crocheting, spinning and a barnful of animals who've contributed to the the fiber and yarns.  Also, there's goat and sheep cheese.

Enjoy the season!

Candy



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LATE SUMMER HEAT WAVE

A New Blog