A New Blog

                                       

     It's already the third week of August and I really don't know how we got here so fast.  Life is just flying by.  Not only that, but I forgot to take meat out of the freezer this morning so we may be having pancakes for dinner tonight.  Luckily, Sweet Husband doesn't complain about our occasional episodes of breakfast for dinner.
      Right at the moment, my usual blogging area on our website tells me that it's having technical difficulties.  I don't know if it can be fixed, but I don't have time to call them today to figure it out.  For the time being, I'll just talk from here.
      It actually tried to rain today which is unusual for August around here.  It turned out to be barely a mist and we are assured that 90 degree weather is on the way since school starts next week.  I'll miss hearing the kids playing outside around the neighborhood which is easy for me to say since my youngest is about to turn 38.  If you'll be dancing in the streets when your kids go back to school, I so remember the feeling.  If it makes you sad, I get that, too.
     I'm currently enjoying being home for fourteen days in a row.  This is the first time since mid-June and I'm loving it.  I keep thinking there'll come a summer when I sit outside, smell the flowers and sip iced tea between blocks of time sitting at the sewing machine.  It's a dream.

      I finished a project I started in a class in Sisters in June.  Frieda Anderson taught the workshop and it was really fun.

                                   
                                    
        This project is all fused, then quilted.  My new favorite fusible is Heat n'Bond 805.

        The picture below is part of a series that I started four years ago (I think).  All that's left is to stitch down the binding. There are four other small quilts in the series.

                                               

        I'm still sticking to my plan to finish two UFO's before starting a new project.  This is about to be especially hard as I'm going to be a new grandmother in February.  This is my first grandchild so I'm pretty sure I'll go a bit overboard.

        Billy (aka Wild Bill) and Ella (aka The Instigator) are enjoying having the door open and going in and out at will.  They'll be seriously unamused when it's gets cooler.  Billy has calmed down somewhat and his groomer claims he's made good progress.  He's a snuggler but still has lots of puppy in him and likes to play rough.  Ella is still in charge and Billy respects that.  She's been known to swat him upside the head when he gets too silly.

                                               
                                                  
Billy in a quiet moment.
Ella generally has something to say.

          My tomato plants are finally actually making tomatoes.  We have some hot weather coming up (at least that's what they say) so maybe there'll be some actual ripe tomatoes.  We can only hope.  

          So that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Having fun quilting,
Candy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

OUR LATE SUMMER HEAT WAVE

A New Beginning